The Peregrine

The Student News Site of Jersey Village High School

The Peregrine

The Peregrine

First year at jersey village

Melanie Valadez (9) at jersey village high school we asked how she felt about her first semester at jersey village high school she jumped at the chance to say that she didn’t expect to like it at first because of how things were done at her last school. I wanted to know how she felt about it.

As a freshman Valadez has many things to experience for the first time and it may be confusing but i think some just need to experience how it feels to be confused and get through i think it makes people stronger.

“I don’t know yet. I do think it’s a little better than my old school but it’s just a little harder compared to my middle school only because they would be more involved there and we did more field trips. I was just trying to think what was easier but I think this school just gives us more freedom. My old school was also a high school and a middle school so if I didn’t choose to go here I would probably be over there.” Valadez said.

As confusing and a little weird as i think putting middle schoolers and high schoolers together i do think it makes the transition a little easier by making them feel like its not big deal because really they aren’t making a huge transition they are just going to the same school but with older people i see why they would do it but i do think they need to step out of the comfort zone and make a “big transition”.

“Honestly my sister goes here and she was talking about how she thinks i would like it here and i do and i see people i went to elementary school with that i haven’t seen in years and i think it really fun just to see them.” Valadez said

Melanie valadez has two older sisters who went to jersey village she thought that by going to jv she would be closer to her sisters and wanted to experience new things even though she loved her old school she thought it would be fun to step out of her comfort zone and experiencing new things is a gateway to personal growth for her. It allows her to expand her horizons, have a new  perspective. Melanie has more of a responsibility to hold herself accountable and be more responsible which has to come with the possibility for freedom. Middle school for her was easy and possibilities to be anything high school is where everyone tries to figure out who she wants to be and is excited to see what the rest of her high school years has to bring for her.