The Peregrine

The Student News Site of Jersey Village High School

The Peregrine

The Peregrine

Brother’s Auto Glass

Carlos Alejo moved to Texas from El Salvador to start a better life for his wife and kids,in 2001.

Around 2004, his cousin gave him a job cleaning cars at a dealer shop.

“ I remember a man that worked for the dealer and  would come to the shop and repair and I would pay attention to each detail of how he does his job of replacing broken glass windshields on cars . I asked him if he could help me so I could get a better job and earn money from it and so he taught me and I would watch him and in the end I got it.” Carlos said. He was determined to do better at his job so he could provide food and a house of his own for his family .

His family came to Texas from El Salvador in 2005 . Within the same year, Alejo first started his own business “Brother’s Auto Glass”

Carlos has gone through a lot of challenges through his first  days “ It was really difficult for me when I started my business. I would drop my client’s windshields, lose money, and since I didn’t know the area of Texas that well I would get lost and cry in the middle of the road praying to God to help me,” Alejo said. 

His wife, Ena Alejo , comforted him whenever he cried or he made a mistake at his job. “I explained to him how it’s a good thing to make a mistake so you can learn from it and keep praying to God and have faith in him,” Alejo said. 

In those 8 years of his hard work and determination his business also worked with another company called Tricolor and earned a lot that  was able to get his own house and give his two daughters everything they ever wanted thanks to his hard work and the help of God that has made his business.