The Peregrine

The Student News Site of Jersey Village High School

The Peregrine

The Peregrine

Was moving to a different state life changing for you?

Mirabel Castro was born in El Salvador at a young age to which later on in her life she and her parents decided to move to the United States.  

“Whenever I was young I lived in a small village in El Salvador where I used to live with my Parents back then.” Castro Said 

Castro then explained to me how living in the United states was a life changing experience for her where she used to live she did not grow up with technology around her.

Where I grew up technology wasn’t around me; it did exist but me and my family were not really able to afford any of the tech stuff but in my opinion it’s alright! I’m happy  that I didn’t grow up with technology around me since I was able to make so many friends in the small village I used to live in and how I would go explore around town with them too. I really miss my small village” Castro said.

Learning from her experience is that she grew up happily without the internet or without having any devices but as she grew up has she ever thought about going back to El Salvador to live in the same village or to meet up with her childhood friends? 

“Absolutely once I have the money and when I’m older I’ll happily go back to El Salvador to visit the hometown I grew up in,or maybe I’ll plan to live there but I’ll definitely think about it!”

Growing up and moving out of the small village you grew up in is always painful to go through but there is always hope at the end of the tunnel because your world didn’t end as you moved away from the place you loved the most.