The Peregrine

The Student News Site of Jersey Village High School

The Peregrine

The Peregrine

Young and Successful

Benjamin Du (9) plays Tennis for Jersey Village High School and was recently introduced into Junior Varsity on December 15, 2023. 

“It seems like a dream come true,” said Du. Du’s hard work and determination was what led him to get into Junior Varsity.

“I’ve been practicing over the summer a lot,” said Du. “Mostly in the morning but also sometimes late at night,”. Benjamin Du has been practicing and practicing over the summer of 2023.

Benjamin Du will be placed from 1st period Tennis (Freshman period) into 6th period Tennis (Junior Varsity period) meaning his schedule will be changed drastically next semester starting January 8th.

“I don’t want my schedule to change because I’ll miss all of my friends,” said Du. “I guess it’ll be all worth it when I get into Varsity,”. Benjamin Du has to leave all of his friends behind but there are some sacrifices you’ll have to make in life to be successful.

Of course going into Junior Varsity means playing against the top players. “I think I’ll be fine, besides I did get into Junior Varsity for my skills so it’ll be fun.” 

Du’s has been working hard with blood, sweat and tears day after day and night after night. “It’s been hard but it’ll be all worth it for that letterman”, said Du. Let’s hope that Benjamin Du will get into varsity.