The Peregrine

The Student News Site of Jersey Village High School

The Peregrine

The Peregrine

Kindred Spirits

Friendship is the bond between two people, but how does such a thing have an effect on people? Bonds can last years or just a while, but in the end, the people who´ve become friends can be different by the end of it.

¨There’s not really a certain thing i value about our friendship. I think it’s the fact we’re so close knit, I value everything about it. It’s like we were meant to be best friends.¨ Says Milo Enriquez. Enriquez has been friends with Julie Hernandez for over 20 years. Julie explains how much Milo has shaped her as a person. ¨Without Milo, I wouldn’t be here. She’s had such a everlasting impact on me.¨ Milo remembers the moment they met, and how much she’s gone through with Julie by her side.

¨My freshman year was a crazy year of my high school experience, but i luckily met Milo that year. I think if i didn’t, I’d be somewhere else doing something wild ¨ says Hernandez. They recall meeting during a club meeting where all students were instructed to find a partner and keep that partner till the end of freshman year.¨I think I knew the moment I met Julie, that we were destined to meet. Shes my kindred spirit.¨ Enriquez recalls.

They began to think of the years they spent together and how it’d been so long since they’ve met. ¨I think we’ve been friends for such a long time because we communicate and we trust one another. There’s just that underlying knowing that, we both feel safe with one another¨Enriquez states. Trust is something that they mentioned very often, and how communication is a very important factor to such strong bonds.¨I think you know it when you feel it. It’s like… you know when it’s like you’re meant to meet someone? That’s how our friendship is.¨ Hernandez explains. 

Julie and Milo have kept their friendship unbroken because they have managed to understand each other on a different level, and show their weakest and most vulnerable parts of themselves to each other. They don’t plan on breaking it off, and continue to be great friends 20 years later. ¨Julie’s my bestest friend, and i’m hers of course.¨