The Peregrine

The Student News Site of Jersey Village High School

The Peregrine

The Peregrine

Plays and Teamwork

Theater, is one of the popular choices for students at Jersey Village High School to participate in.

Elena Calderon (10) is an actor in the theater department. When asked how she felt whenever performing during plays, Calderon felt like she was much more confident than before.“At first you’re a little nervous, but once you get into it you’ll be fine” Calderon says.

“Theater is fun there’s lots of things to do and the environment is very positive”said Calderon.Stage fright is something all students experience when first starting out.Symphani Reed(10th) says , “being on stage? Its pretty normal once you practice enough, even with people watching. Its not so bad, its really fun.”

Last month, Elena participated in the yearly haunted house JV offers. If acting isn’t your thing, but theater is something you’re interested in , consider joining theater tech. 

Many students help out with the plays in numerous ways. Theater tech student Lily Meche (10th) helped make props and build walls for the scene of the Haunted house.“It was great, we made it too scary and we put our creativity skills to the test, Miss Sproles makes the class everything, she’s so amazing,” Meche said “We did the first play set and we did all the painting”.

Tech student Aiden Dozier (10th) added “It’s really entertaining, i love constructing. We even had important members of Cy-fair [school district} say we did the best painting they’ve seen.”

Theater is a student favorite elective, that can be enjoyed by everyone.