Falcons fly over Eagles with victory

To+help+out+his+team%2C+Christopher+Flores%2C+senior%2C+follows+the+ball+in+hopes+to+pass+the+ball+to+one+of+his+teammates+to+bring+it+down+to+their+goal.+

Jackie Orozco

To help out his team, Christopher Flores, senior, follows the ball in hopes to pass the ball to one of his teammates to bring it down to their goal.

Jackie Orozco, Staff Reporter

With the stands filled, the varsity boys line up to get called up one by one onto the field ready to take on the Cy Fall Eagles. With the first 40 minutes of the game up on the clock and the ref blowing her whistle indicating the game has started, the boys proceeded to follow their game plan.

The Falcons coming in and going out with subs ended the first half of the game tied. Not losing determination they all listen to Clynton Dyer, head varsity coach, as he gets his point across in what the plan is for the second half.

The Falcons defeated the Cy Falls Eagles after a long, hard, and well played game, and ended their third home game with a score of 2-1 with goals from Santiago Munos, freshman, and Fabio Hernandez, senior, with assistance from Carlos Resendiz, senior. “I forget about all my problems when I step on the field, I love the beautiful game of soccer and I hope I enjoy my last year,” Resendiz said.

“Soccer keeps me going in life. It distracts me from the bad things that are going around me and that’s going outside of school and it also makes me happy to be out there with my brothers that I call my second family,” Emanuel Gonzales, senior, said.

Getting out on the field, the boys remembered what Dyer previously told them. Coming back with stronger kicks and stronger determination, they work together on the field as one to end the night successfully.

Although the opponents made a goal, Santiago Munos, freshman, and Fabio Hernandez, senior, scored a goal with assistance from Carlos Resendiz, senior. The boys end the second half with a victory of 2-1.

Jackie Orozco
With the want to come back up from a score of 1-0 Santiago Munos, freshman, steals the ball from one of the Cy Falls players and scores a goal for his team. With delight, the team and the fans cheer after Munos scores and ends the night with another win for the Falcons with a score of 2-1.