Falcon standout named Player of the Week by Fox Sports 26

Stats credit quarterback with five scores

JVHS Press Photographer

Fox 26 reporter Nate Griffin (holding microphone) interviews Jersey Village High School senior Raymond Richardson while Falcons Head Coach David Snokhous (white hat) and other members of the football team look on. Richardson was selected as the Fox 26 Greater Houston Honda Player of the Week following his five-touchdown performance in the Falcons’ 50-48 win over Cinco Ranch on Sept. 7.

Mariela Vargas, Managing Editor

Senior football player Raymond Richardson was selected as the Fox 26 Greater Houston Honda Player of the Week following his five-touchdown performance in the Falcons’ 50-48 win over Cinco Ranch on Sept. 7.

Fox 26 reporter Nate Griffin visited Jersey Village on Sept. 12 for a brief ceremony as Richardson stood among his teammates and coaches. He compiled 371 yards of total offense against Cinco Ranch to go with the five scores, passing for 248 yards and rushing for 123 more.

JVHS Student Press Photographer
Fox 26 reporter Nate Griffin (left) interviews David Snokhous, the longtime head football coach at Jersey Village High School. The station honored Falcons senior Raymond Richardson as its Greater Houston Honda Player of the Week, with Snokhous presenting the plaque with the entire team in tow.

“I was very excited,” Richardson said. “I am truly honored for this award. When they announced my name, I just could not believe it. My heart skipped a beat. Overall, all I can say is I couldn’t have done it without my teammates.”

The plaque is traditionally presented to the selected player by his head coach. Griffin interviewed Richardson and longtime Falcons head coach David Snokhous, who then kept with tradition by honoring Richardson with teammates surrounding him.

A video of the presentation and interviews will air Sept. 16 on Fox 26.

JVHS Student Press Photographer
Quarterback Raymond Richardson, senior, (holding plaque) is surrounded by teammates who helped him celebrate being selected as the Fox 26 Greater Houston Honda Player of the Week. Richard totaled 371 yards of offense and five touchdowns in a 50-48 win over Cinco Ranch on Sept. 7.

“First, Raymond will be the first guy to say that this award is a team award and that his success the other night was a team effort,” Snokhous said. “Secondly, he’s a very talented athlete who is a good kid and works hard at being a good teammate as well as a good athlete and leader. I’m very proud of him and his teammates.”Falcon